Thursday 4 June 2015

Poinsettias

I teamed poinsettia paper, image and die-cut together for this card.


I would like to enter my card into these challenges:
A Day for Daisies - 3 DP
http://adayfordaisies.blogspot.co.nz/2015/05/adfd-showcase-oh-boy-girly-girls_22.html
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Sketch
http://sweetsketchwednesday2.blogspot.co.nz/2015/06/ssw2-56-day-for-daisies.html
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
http://inspirationdestinationchallengeblog.blogspot.co.nz/2015/06/ag-no-36.html
Completely Christmas - Make It Square
http://suzysmarty1.blogspot.co.nz/2015/05/30-may-challenge-65-anything-goes-with.html

I have used two papers from a paper pad by Sugar and Spice Studio and the strips are cut from an offcut of a Kaisercraft paper.  The image is from A Day for Daisies and is coloured with copic markers.  I matted with some red cardstock from Rosie's Studio.  The poinsettia is cut from a Memory Box die which has several layers of poinsettia.  I also added some green glitter domes.

Here is the sketch that is my inspiration for the layout:


As you can see I changed the pentagon shape to a circle - I don't have a pentagon die and I just know if I tried to freehand cut it would be lopsided!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining us at our new blog and thanks for sharing with us today as well at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again next week and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting ready for Christmas I see...good for you!! What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas card! Love all the poinsettias! Thanks for joining us this week. Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Suze, love the poinsettia, great design papers and added embellishments. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW2~DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another lovely card for Completely Christmas - thanks for sharing, Suze. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog and good luck. Wendy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely poinsettia card! Fun to see a Christmas card again! Thanks for joining us at SSW2!
    Judi SSW2~GDT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas card Suze!! I was so surprised to see your card posted first!! ;-) Always love to see your cards here at SSW2!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete