Monday 29 June 2015

Life is better in the summer

Yeah - when it is nice and warm and you don't have to have the heater running most of the day!  Like now!



I would like to enter my card into these challenges:
Kenny K - Anything Goes
http://kennykskraftykrew.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/challenge-197-anything-goes.html
Feeling Sketchy - Sketch
http://feeling-sketchy.blogspot.co.nz/2015/06/sketch-123.html

I'm not sure why I am entering Feeling Sketchy challenge. They had a special challenge for National Scrapbooking Day which I apparently won second prize in.  However, the only means of contact appears to be by Facebook - which I am not on!  I left a comment on the post but didn't get a reply.  I liked the sketch though - I'm kind of addicted to working with sketches and many of the sketch challenges I have done have disappeared in recent times.  So, I decided to put an entry in anyway seeing as how I had used the sketch!

Anyway, back to the card.  I used a paper from a paper pad by Kaisercraft for this card.  The sentiment is also from a Kaisercraft paper pad (a different one though).  I wrapped some twine around the sentiment - reminds me of the rope you find around boats.  I also added a seashell shaped bead as an embellishment.  The image is from Kenny K and is coloured with copic markers.

9 comments:

  1. Super cute card. It's perfect for our Anything Goes Challenge. Good luck and please join us again.

    Rachelle
    DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had such difficulty with the Feeling Sketching Challenge Blog, Suze. I will let our administrators know of your problem! In the meantime, I am glad that you still participated in our KennyK challenge this month! Love his sketches and your card made from one of him fun ones!

    Kay Wallace
    Feeling Sketchy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sentiment to go with this vintage beauty!


    Thank you for sharing your talent with us at KennyK. Good luck!
    Nick
    Team A(ll That)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute, and I totally agree that summer is better. We also have heaters on at the moment LOL!! Thanks for joining ~ Michelle FS DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice card, sorry for the issue you had. I hope all has been taken care of now.
    thanks for joining in the fun at Feeling Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is ooh la la - FUN! Thanks for joining us for the Feeling Sketchy Challenge #123. Please come back soon!
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    FEELING SKETCHY DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful take on the sketch, thanks for playing with us at Feeling Sketchy !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your interpretation of the sketch! Great card. Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete