Wednesday 1 October 2014

October Christmas Card Challenge

October already!  I hope you have your Christmas cards well under way.  If you need some inspiration to get you started, come and have a look at the challenge at CHNC Extra for October.  There is lots of lovely inspiration from my fellow DT members there.  Here is my one:


I have used a paper from MME for the background.  The image is Ruby Christmas - Poinsettia from Bugaboo Stamps.  I coloured her with copic markers and then die-cut using an oval die.  The matting is red cardstock from Rosie's Studio.  I die-cut a poinsettia using a Mariannes Die and glittered cardstock from DCWV and then embellished it with some pearls which I coloured with a yellow copic marker.  I added some Christmas red mesh ribbon and some washi tape which I coloured red with Distress Ink (it was grey!).

I would also like to enter my card into these challenges:
Completely Christmas - Anything Goes
http://suzysmarty1.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/completely-christmas-challenge-31.html
CHNC - Make It Colourful
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/chnc-challenge-196-make-it-colourful.html
Winter Wonderland - Layer it Up
http://christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2014/09/layer-it-up.html

2 comments:

  1. Fab design card for CHNC challenge extra for October, Suze and thanks for entering this for CHNC challenge 196 and also Completely Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! That bit of Christmas mesh is a really fun touch.

    ReplyDelete