Thursday 10 July 2014

Sewing Card

I am currently on holiday with my teenage daughter and she has spent alot of the time sewing so that has been my inspiration for this card:



I am entering my card into these challenges:
MelJens Designs - Button It Up
http://meljensdesignsdt.blogspot.co.nz/2014/07/challenge-217-button-it-up.html
Sunday Sketch and Stamp - Sketch
http://sundaysketchandstamp.blogspot.co.nz/2014/07/challenge-212-anne-maries-sketch.html


I have used a sewing themed paper from a paper pad by Kaisercraft.  I followed the sketch at Sunday Sketch and Stamp.  I used a dark brown mesh ribbon for the second layer.  I then layered a matted piece of the same paper I used for the background.  The image is from MelJens Designs and coloured with copic markers E53, E51, G02, G000, Y28.  I added three pastel star shaped buttons.  One of these is layered onto a sewing thread die-cut.  I also added some faux stitching around the image using Distress Marker - Old Paper.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Suze. I am always drawn to anything sewing themed and this is adorable. Thanks so much for joining the Meljen's Designs "Button it Up!" challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week @ Sunday Sketch & Stamp.
    Happy Crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely Card.

    Thank you for joining us at Sunday Sketch and Stamp Challenge, look forward to seeing you again. Best of luck.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete