Sunday 29 June 2014

Thank You Single Layer Card

I have had a go at creating a single layer card - I'm not totally pleased with how this turned out.  Think I need a bit more practice but it is good to try new things out!

I am entering my card into these challenges:
Squigglefly - One Layer Card
http://squigglefly.blogspot.co.nz/2014/06/new-challenge-sfc2514one-layer-card.html
CRAFT Challenge - Thank You
http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/challenge-265-26th-of-june-thank-you.html

I have used an image from Squigglefly.  I stamped a Thank You using a rubber stamp from Hero Arts.  I haven't used rubber stamps in a while!  I hand drew on some notes to create a border - a bit rusty on my music knowledge so I hope they are all correct.  My daughter is a flautist and will certainly tell me if I got it wrong!  I cut the edge of the card with a Spellbinder Borderabilities die to create a more interesting look to the card.

5 comments:

  1. A very cute card, Suze! Love the adorable image and your decorative border! You did great with your one-layer card - I find them tough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suze I think this is really cute. I like the way you dressed it up with the border. Also, the placement of the sentiment is perfect as it looks like it's coming out of the flute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops! I meant to thank you for playing in Squigglefly's challenge this week! I hope you'll play with us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super card, love your boarder, thanks for playing along with us at CRAFT x carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is super cute! Love the sweet image and cool border. Thanks for joining us in the Squigglefly challenge!

    ReplyDelete