Sunday 13 October 2013

Birthday Baking

After thinking I wouldn't have time to complete a second card..... I succeeded!  I just love this sentiment .... probably because I was born in October!!!!!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Sentimental Sundays - Happy Birthday + Doily + Lace + Pearl
http://sentimentalsundays.blogspot.co.nz/2013/10/challenge-175-happy-birthday-include.html
From The Heart Sketches - Sketch 037
http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/2013/10/07/i-heart-card-sketches-no-37/
QKR Stampede - Anything Goes With Circles
http://qkrstampede.blogspot.co.nz/2013/10/qkr-stampede-weekly-challenge-60.html

I have used a left over piece of doily from another card.  This is a very large doily - as in one quarter of the doily almost covers the card!  I layered some pieces of doily over the top of each other to create more of a doily look to the card.  I have used three separate pieces on this card.

The image is from Delightful Inspirations From The Heart as is the sketch that I followed (rotated):



I coloured this lovely image with my copic markers E00, G94, G21, B32, V12, E71.  I used an old piece of lace from my stash - I think this one came from my Nana (who passed away in 1994!).  I also added a pearl to match the hat colour.  I used a circle patterned paper for matting - makes a change from the plain colours I usually use!!!  The circular sentiment that I have used comes from Bluebird Flats.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah Suze!!! Card #2...And I love it!!! Love Anneke and I am so glad you were able to join us this week at From The Heart!! Love your interpretation of the sketch!!! Thank you also for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card and great take with the sketch.

    Thanks for joining us @ From the Heart Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the white and the lacy look! Great job with the image and the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is fantastic! The image is very sweet
    Thanks for joinig us this week at QKR Stampede...
    Hugs,
    Ardilla :)

    ReplyDelete