Tuesday 16 July 2013

Water Wings

I think I will have to explain how this card fits the theme "Things with Wings" as this may be a term that is not used in other countries.  The things that the swimmer has on her arms are referred to as "Water Wings" in this country.

When I saw this image amongst the Limited Runs images, I really wanted to use it.  Last Sunday, I had heard that a girl that I had taught for swimming some years ago, had died as a result of a tragic accident.  She had choked on some food.  She was fourteen years of age. RIP Rebecca.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Robyn's Fetish - Things with Wings
http://robynsfetishchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/challenge-168-things-with-wings-7142013.html
Incy Wincy Designs - Things with Wings
http://incywincydesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/things-with-wings.html
Limited Runs - Customer Gallery
http://limitedrunsstamps.blogspot.co.nz/p/customer-gallery.html
Annabelle Stamps - Going Dotty
http://annabellestamps.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/ac167.html

I have used some spotted paper from my stash.  The ribbon is from American Crafts.  The image is from Limited Runs and coloured with copic markers B00, B000, B29, B23, E000.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Suze this is a great card for her family. I think we call them Water Wings, in Australia they are floaties. This is a really cute image and it will give the family some comfort at this terrible time. This is such a sad time for them, no words could really describe how they are feeling and their loss of such a young girl with all her life ahead of her. My heart really goes out to them. Take care and keep your chin up.
    Hugs
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very surprised to see you card in our challenge and had to ask my "dt manager" to make sure, even after reading your post....Such a surprise for me as a French person..... Your card is very cute and I adore it. Thanks for sharing it with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge.

    Laurence DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Card you've created and a wonderful idea to use it in a challenge with wings. Sorry about the poor girl that is just tragic
    hugs Nikki
    Limited Runs

    ReplyDelete