Thursday 25 July 2013

Fancy Fold Card

I have no idea what this card is called.  I found a picture of one when I was looking through some challenges and decided to try and work out how it was constructed.  Of course, I now can't find the one that was my inspiration! This one is slightly different from the Tri Fold Shutter card that I learned from Shelly's Images in that it consists completely of squares.



I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Digi Stamps 4 Joy - Fancy Fold + handmade flowers
http://digistamps4joy-sa.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/challenge-72-fancy-fold-plus-handmade.html
Totally Papercrafts - Make your own flowers
http://totallypapercrafts.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/challenge-176-make-your-own-flowers.html
All That Stickles - Waterfall
http://allthatstickles.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/waterfall-linky-party_20.html

The template I had made myself from looking at the card mentioned above.  Thank you to whoever made that card.  The paper is some from my scrapbook paper stash.  All the images (including the flowers) are from Digi Stamps 4 Joy.  After looking at the tutorial with the challenge, I decided that I could do something like that for my card!  Very fiddly doing all the fussy cutting and at one point I nearly abandoned that idea but I'm glad now that I didn't.  I have cut some cream mesh ribbon for the squares on the diagonal.  Colouring is with copic markers E18, E15, BG15, Y08, E00, YG23, YG11.  I have also added some Stickles - Waterfall to the bottom layer of each of the flowers.  As a finishing touch, I have added Ivory coloured pearls of differing sizes.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Suze,
    Fantastic fold, I love it. Thank you for using my tutorial to fuzzy cut your flowers, fiddly it is but worth the effort. Your flowers are fabulous. Thank you for playing along with us at DigiStamps4Joy and we hope to see you again. Good Luck :)
    Hugs,
    Asmah
    [DS4J DT Member]
    [Qinaahana Arts And Crafts ~ My Personal Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet card - great fold and pretty image.
    Thanks for playing along with us at TPC this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful fold and card Suze.
    thanks for join us at Digistamps4Joy.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love the square tri shutter card template. Pleasant colors.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Digistamp4joy. Hope you join us next time too.
    Pam
    Digistamps4joy (DT member)
    PapillonDigital Designs (Personal blog)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic job. Wish you knew the name of the fold. I would love to try it. I commend you for fussy cutting all those images. I use my Cameo for that now and save myself a lot of time and exasperation. Thanks for joining us at DS4J for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card!!! Thanks for joining us at
    Digistamps4Joy. Lynda DT Member

    ReplyDelete