Friday 21 June 2013

Ghoulish Halloween

When I get a freebie image that is part of a challenge, I like to actually complete the challenge (even though I know I'm sometimes way off the mark).  The Airless Chambers one is a bit of a challenge for me as I tend to cutesy and "ordinary" images.  I suspect I may get better with practice....but we'll have to wait and see on that!  After collecting the May image and then forgetting to add it to my list of challenges, it didn't get done.  This time I completed my card:


As I said, I can somehow make even a ghoulish image look kinda cute!  The papers are some from my stash that I must have had for well over five years.  They were part of a scrapbooking pack.  The image is the free one from Airless Chambers which I have coloured with copic markers to match the papers.  The sentiment comes from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles.  The fence is a Memory Box die cut from black cardstock. I also inked around the edges with Distress Ink - Black Soot.

The challenge can be found here:
http://airlesschambers.blogspot.co.nz/p/june-2013-freebie-saturday-contest.html

I was just having a look at the other entries and realised from a comment on one of them that there was a theme to this challenge.  Found the original post and realised my card doesn't fit that theme.  Never mind, at least I completed it and now that it is uploaded, it will get viewed.  I'll try and do better next time.

4 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the digital Suze and how vibrant the card is. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the freebie from RSD. Not to worry, I missed the theme as well, and I'm on the DT! Thanks for joining in on the fun at Airless Chambers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and i love what you did to the voodoo skull man

    Monique
    Rsd edt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card looks great regardless of the challenge parameters. Fab colours and layout!

    ReplyDelete