Friday 11 January 2013

Vintage Mothers Day

One of the challenges this week has a vintage theme.  This was a chance to create a vintage card - it was harder to do than I thought it would be:



The card is for the challenge at:
Kaboodle Doodles - Vintage
http://kaboodledoodles.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/challenge-153-vintage.html

I have used various images from The Graphics Fairy to create the collaged background.  The colouring different in the images - some black & white and others more sepia tones.  I decided to pull them all together by stippling them with Distress Ink - Vintage Photo.  Then the additon of white lace seemed wrong so I inked that while I was at it!!

The image that I have used is from Create with TLC.  There are alot of beautiful vintage images available but this one spoke Mother's Day to me.  I wanted to try to do a Mother's Day card earlier this year and also without flowers if possible.  I ended up adding a few silver ribbon flowers and tinging them with the Distress Ink.

This card will be for my mother.  She used to work with typewriters something like the ones you see in the left hand side of the collaged background.  When I saw these images at The Graphics Fairy, I just had to include them for Mum!




3 comments:

  1. Such lovely work! I love the collage and distress inking. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Vintage” Challenge! Happy 2013!!

    Kath - Admin
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful vintage card! Thanks for joining us on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful!!

    Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week for our Vintage Challenge.

    ReplyDelete