Friday 11 January 2013

Photo Inspired Penguin

Here is a penguin card inspired by a photograph:

The photograph and challenge can be found at Pinspirational Challenges:
http://pinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/pinspirational-challenge-39.html


I tend to colour penguins all sorts of weird colours at times.  This time I decided to work with the colours in the photograph to have a more realistically coloured penguin.  To help keep me on task with that I chose a background paper that fitted in with the colours in the photograph.  This particular paper comes from a paper pad by DCWV that I bought as a christmas pressie for myself.  The pad is called Lemon Flower Matstack.

The image that I have chosen to work with is Winter Penguin Ski by Bugaboo.  I have matted the penguin image onto some pearlised silver cardstock.  The embellishments are some silver glitter ribbon from American Crafts and a button cut using a Memory Box die.  Not sure if you can pick it up from this photograph but the diagonal silver lines on the background paper are all glittery too.








4 comments:

  1. Suzi, oh such a sweet card. I love that you used different colors, like the yellow..makes you card more unique and i like unique a lot! Thank you for sharing your talent at {Pin}spirational challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun penguin! Suzi, I think your card is just darling! It's a greatt layout that let's the penguin be the strong feature. Your coloring of the image is great, too!

    Thank you for participating in the {PIN}Spirational Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute. Love how this one turned out.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh, cute!!!! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}spirational Challenge! Hope to see you again!!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete