Thursday 31 January 2013

Photo Inspired Cupcakes

The inspiration for this card comes from the challenge at The Alley Way Stamps:
http://www.thealleywaystamps.blogspot.co.nz/search/label/BE%20inspired%20Challenge
I am also entering this card into the challenge at Tuesday Alchemy:
http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.gr/2013/01/challenge-49-anything-goes.html

For some reason, when I looked at this photo I saw food and the plate.  Maybe I was hungry at the time!


So, I have cupcakes and an embossed die-cut image.  The embossed edge is similar to the edging on the plate.  Now, why did I notice that!  I have kept the colouring similar to the colours in the photo - they are as good as any and I know they work well together.  The background for the card is stippled Distress Ink - Worn Lipstick.  I stippled it fairly softly so it was more of a pink tinge than a red.  I have added three rhinestones to the top of the card - it just seemed like it needed something there.

5 comments:

  1. Love this card! Clean, simple, right up my alley. Great job Suze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-cute cupcakes - the photo made me hungry too! :) Thanks for joining us at TAWS Be Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. Love this card with yummy cupcakes. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Tuesday Alchemy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Suze. I saw all your cards entered over at TA and wanted to come over and say thanks for joining us. They all look great.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. so fun! I like your little stone at top too.. I love how you used the inspirational photo.. thanks for joining with us for The Alley Way Stamps BE Inspired Challenge #20, can't wait to see what you make for 21 :) . hugs
    -Ali

    ReplyDelete