Wednesday 24 October 2012

Happy Birthday Julie

The challenge at Scrap Happy Paper Crafter for this month is to create a birthday card with the option of making it for Julie herself.  You can find the challenge here:
http://www.scraphappypapercrafter.com/2012/10/october-scraphappy-paper-crafter.html

This card was alot harder to create than I thought because I so wanted to make it special but knew that I had to post it from New Zealand to United States.  That placed limitations on what I could use if it was to arrive in the same condition as it left here!  As a result, I have had it sitting here half made for days trying to figure out what I could use as embellishments that would survive the trip!



In the end, I decided to work with bright colours, and I nice decorative die-cut and paper.  I have added some glossy accents to the cherry on the top of the image and some rhinestones to the card itself but otherwise kept it fairly flat.

The background paper is from Create with TLC and the image from Scrap Happy Paper Crafter.  The sentiment is an acrylic stamp.

1 comment: