Saturday 20 October 2012

Be Thankful

There are always things that we should be thankful for. 


And this is the inner of the card to show the remainder of the sentiment:



This card is for the following challenges:
Avadares Challenge - Thankfulness
http://avadareschallengeblog.blogspot.co.nz/2012/09/challenge-4-thankfulness.html
Platypus Creek - Be Thankful
http://www.platypuscreekdigitals.blogspot.co.nz/2012/10/challenge-18-be-thankful.html

I had a hard time deciding which image I wanted to use for this challenge.  Both of them were Avadares images which I thought were appropriate.  In the end I settled on this one called Thank You Mister Sun which I coloured with my copics.  I also streaked on some Glossy Accents onto Mister Sun to give him a bit of texture.

The background paper is from When the Scrap Hits the Fun.  The paper used for the matting and inner of the card is also from the same set. 

The sentiment is a two parter from A Piece of Heart.

Embellishments used are grosgrain ribbon and some satin flowers.

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Suze. Thank you for using an Avadares image. I love the treatment on Mr. Sun.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suze such a sweet card. Thank you for using an Avadares images. Hope to see you again next time. Huggz Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Suze,I love the shining sun,Thank you for joining in with us this month at Avadares challenge,Good Luck.
    Kevin xx Avadares Challenge GDT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous sun. Beautiful design and fabulous coloring. Thanks for joining on the fun over at Avadares
    Hugs
    Berni
    Avadareschallengeblog.

    ReplyDelete