Monday 23 July 2012

Hit the Beach

The challenge at Sassy Studios DTBST this week can be found here:
http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/dare-to-be-sassy-thursday.html

For my card, I took my meaning of hitting the beach (which probably differs from most other people).  When I hit the beach, I like to take along a book and read - no phones to disturb my reading.  I love reading with the sound of the sea around me.  So, my creation includes the sand, the sun and of course a book to read:


For this card, I used:

Sassy Studio Designs - Magazine Margie
TLC Creations - Find a place to relax
TLC Creations - Vintage Shell Photo
Distress Inks - Scattered Straw, Tumbled Glass, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade
Copic Markers

The background of the card has been sponged with Distress Inks - scattered straw for the sand and tumbled glass for the sky.  The "sun" has been coloured using the Mustard Seed ink with an edging of spiced marmalade.  The image has been coloured using copic markers and then raised up.   I re-sized the vintage shell photo to varying sizes as shells are not all the same size.  I then cut out just the shell part and adhered them randomly across the sand.

3 comments:

  1. It really is a super cute image............ Thank you so much for sharing with us at Dare to be Sassy Thursday # 134 and good luck in the prize draw!!!!!!

    SOMA
    SSD (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. I am the same way; I can never go to the beach without a book (or five). LOL Thank you for playing along with us at Sassy Studio Designs!

    xx Star (SSD DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card! I do the same thing! ;o)
    Thank you for joining us in this weeks challenge over at Sassy Studio Designs!
    Ruza - SSD DT

    ReplyDelete