Sunday 13 May 2012

Mother's Day Cards

I made two cards for Mother's Day - one for my mother and one for my hubby's mother (who is currently in hospital recovering from a stroke).

My mother's card:


For this card, I used part of a Beary Wishes image http://www.bearywishes.com/2011/04/11/a-fundraiser-cards-a-freebie-2/ which I have die-cut with a Spellbinders Oval Die and matted with a Spellbinders Scallop Oval die.  The sentiment is from Desert Diva    http://desertdiva-hannelie.blogspot.co.nz.  I cut both the sentiment and mat using my Fiskars trimmer.  The matting is from a glitter cardstock pack I bought for doing my Christmas cards last year and still have heaps left.  The scrapbook paper is from a similar pack (matt stack) that I bought a few years ago.  The lace is some that my mother gave me when I stayed with her a few weeks back for the school holidays.  The lace was quite old looking and also the wrong colour so I coloured it with my copic markers - which I have also used for colouring my image.  I added five rhinestones (from Kaisercraft) in the bottom left hand corner for balance.


Hubby's mother's card:


This one is another Beary wishes image http://www.bearywishes.com/2012/04/22/floral-basket-freebie-22/  which I have coloured using my trusty copic markers!  I cut this one using my Spellbinders Large circles and matted using Spellbinders Scallop Large circle.  The sentiment is also from  Desert Diva    http://desertdiva-hannelie.blogspot.co.nz . The scrapbook paper is another one from the matt stack that I mentioned for the other card.  This time the matting is light pink cardstock.  I have added two ribbons from American crafts along the left hand edge and some pink rhinestones at the top.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Suze... thanks you so much for taking the time to let me know!
    I appreciate it so much!
    The sentiment looks great on your card(s)!
    You really made my day!
    Hugs
    Hannelie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Suze! You did a bang up job on your cards!
    I hope the 'Mom's' that receive those cards really appreciate all the love you put into them!
    Thank you for using my images and also for sharing them with me!
    Hugs, Kathie

    ReplyDelete